In payroll calculations, usually, every company has employees who have just joined in the middle of the period so the employee's payroll will be calculated on a prorated basis. This prorate system also applies to THR given to employees and you can learn about it here.
Here are the steps:
- On the Dashboard menu, click the "Profile" icon in the upper right corner.
- Then click "Company Settings".
- Click the Payroll menu.
- Click the "Pro-Rate" tab.
- Select the pro-rate calculation setting in"Pro-Rate Setting".
There are 4 pro-rate calculation settings including:
- Based on Calendar Day: Calculation is based on all calendar days (including days off and national holidays).
- Based on Working Day: Calculation is based on all working days only (excluding days off and national holidays). Count national holidays as working days if national holidays are still taken into account in calculating prorate.
- Custom on Calendar Day: Calculations are based on calendar day calculations with predefined denominators (total calendar days).
- Custom on Working Day: Calculation is based on the calculation of working days with a predetermined denominator (total working days).
- Check "Count National Holiday as a Working Day" if a holiday is included in a working day so that employees can check in/out on their absences.
- Click "Save".
After the settings are finished, you can calculate employee payroll or run payroll. In the payroll run, you can determine the period the payroll is carried out until you select the employee whose payroll you want to process/calculate.